We are now in the digital age.
We used to buy goods with cash but we can now do it with a credit or debit card.
Popularity of online shopping in the Philippines has increased as evidenced by online shopping websites like Zalora.
The demand for more digital payment options has also increased.
Most online transactions need a credit or debit card.
But we all know that acquiring a credit card could be difficult at times.
PayMaya took this fact into consideration.
They made steps to help make your online transactions a lot easier!
No credit card? No problem! PayMaya will solve it for you!
Once you apply to PayMaya, you’ll receive a virtual Visa card.
Just follow these simple steps to get your very own virtual card.
- Open your Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Look for the PayMaya app.
- Download it.
- Activate it using your mobile number.
- You can start online transactions as soon as you reload your account!
Isn’t that so fast an easy?
The Advantages of Using PayMaya
- You can enjoy online shopping without a credit card.
- You can use the physical card to make ATM withdrawals and pay for purchases in establishments that accepts.
- You can use it to buy load, call + text packages, and data packages. (You can send this as a gift to your family and friends by adding a personal message through the app.)
- You can use it to send money and pay bills. (SOON)
- You can accept payments with just a swipe.
- PayMaya Visa Card with beep can be used to pays MRT and LRT fares.
- You will get an SMS after each of your transactions.
With Cebu’s booming BPO industry and export industry, adoption of digital payments seems very timely.
“Cebu has a growing population that has access to the INternet and they are very aware of eCommerce and social media trends. This emerging market also has the disposable income, making them the perfect customers for eCommerce,” enthused Raymund Villanueva, PayMaya Marketing Head at Smart eMoney (Smart Communications’ digital innovations unit).
How To Reload PayMaya Account
- Just visit any PayMaya Load-Up Center.
- Transfer credits from Smart money accounts.
PayMaya Reloading Centers
- selected Smart stores
- Smart Padala Centers
- Robinsons Business Centers
- 7-Eleven convenience stores (SOON)
How To Get The PayMaya Physical Card
I mentioned earlier that you can use a physical card for shopping or withdrawing money like an ATM.
To transform your virtual card into a physical one, all you need to do is:
- send a request at the Smart Jump Store in SM City Cebu
- go to the app, click “More,” click “Upgrade to Plus” and follow the instructions.
“I’d like to think of PayMaya as a kind of passport. It gives Filipino millenials access to the digital economy and all the enormous benefits and privileges it can provide. Getting a PayMaya Visa Card expands your possibilities and horizons, much in the same way a trip to a foreign country can open up to a world of new possibilities,” shared Paolo Azzola, Smart eMoney co-COO.
Get updates by following their social media accounts:
Join the online conversation by using the hashtags:
I personally cannot wait to try it out because I am not a big fan of using credit card to make online purchases.
How about you?
When are you planning to try PayMaya?
“PayMaya Makes Digital Payments A Lot Easier” is my 11th entry for The CBC 30 Day Blogging Challenge (#iBlogForCBC, #iBlogForCebu, #CBClevelUP, #30DayBloggingChallenge).