There’s just something about traveling that makes it wonderful, isn’t it? It widens our perspective, shows us different cultures, and it makes us feel alive!
Even if traveling is wonderful, we cannot deny the fact that it has its own set of quirks. Sometimes, it’s a hassle to bring cash with you because it isn’t too safe at the place where you’re planning to visit or sometimes, you need to withdraw cash but you forgot to bring your ATM card!
Thankfully, Philippine Airlines has thought of something to address this issues. They just recently relaunched the Mabuhay Miles Travel Card!
What’s New With Mabuhay Miles Travel Card?
Apparently, there’s more to it than meets the eye. Here are its features:
- It’s a membership and prepaid card.
- Every mile earned through the card brings you closer to a free Philippine Airlines flight.
- You can get free hotel accommodations, free meals from restaurants, and more perks from their Program Partners.
- You can load your card with up to 10 currencies.
- It can be used online and offline. It can even work as an ATM card in more than 150 countries where UnionPay International is accredited.
What Are The Currencies That Can Be Loaded In The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card?
- Philippine Peso (PHP)
- US Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- British Pound (GBP)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
What Are The Transaction Fees When Using The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card?
- Currency via PAL Ticket Offices – Free
- Currency via Funds Transfer – Bank Transaction Fee
- Mabuhay Miles-to-Travel Card – Free
When using it to to withdraw cash in the ATM
- International – USD 5.00
- Local – Php 15.00
When using it for currency transfer
- Wallets within the same Travel card – Foreign exchange rates
- Travel Card-to-Travel Card
- PHP – PHP 25.00
- Other currencies – USD 5.00 or equivalent in other currencies
For Miles Transfer
- Travel card-to-Travel Card – 1,000 Miles
What Are The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card Limits?
- Minimum – PHP 100.00 or USD 10.00
- Maximum – PHP 500,000 or USD 10,000.00
- Maximum – PHP 500,000.00 or USD 10,000.00
For more information about the Mabuhay Miles Travel Card, you can visit their website here.
In case your card gets lost or is stolen, contact (632) 855-8888.
What You Need To Know About UnionPay
- UnionPay works with the following: RCBC, PNB, Omnipay, Bank of China, BDO.
- UnionPay cards are accepted in more than 90% of the ATMs and accepted in 60% of the establishments in the Philippines.
- Mabuhay Miles Travel Card is powered by UnionPay and it is the only prepaid card that enables card users to earn miles while using it to spend. It can be used locally and abroad for in-store transactions. The card can be used to withdraw cash in ATMs with the Bancnet abd UnionPay logos.
Join the online conversation by using the hashtags #MMTravelCard and #TheHeartOfTheFilipino.
I’m so busy that I haven’t used my travel card just yet. I’m planning to buy a new pair of shades, eat buffet in Marco Polo Cebu, take out 3 delicious ensaymadas from marco Polo Cebu, and pay my next flight to Manila using it.
How about you? How are you going to use your Mabuhay Miles Travel Card?