If you got an idea and you think that it’ll change the world, what do you need?
And where in the world are you going to find an investor that will help turn your idea into a reality?
You don’t have to go abroad to do that.
All you need to do is prepare your beach attire and self-confidence then start packing your suitcase.
You should be headed to Boracay for Geeks on a Beach 2015!
1. Get a chance to meet tech champs from various parts of the world at Geeks On a Beach 2015.
Geeks On A Beach 2015 is unlike any conference in the world.
You get to enjoy the white sand beach of Boracay Island in your best summer outfit and you might be able to bump with one or more of these awesome speakers:
- Earl Valencia – IdeaSpace President
- Kuo-Yi Lin – Monk’s Hill Ventures Managing Director
- Minette Navarette – Kickstart Ventures President
- Maria Ressa – Rappler CEO
- Paul Pajo – SMART Communications Developer Evangelist
- Mon Ibrahim – Department of Science and Technology – Information and Communication Technology Office Deputy Director (DOST-ICTO)
- Khailee Ng – 500 Startups Managing Partner
2. Geeks On A Beach 2015 will serve as the platform where you will pitch your ideas and get funding.
Got an idea to change the world?
Need sage advice?
Geeks On A Beach 2015 is the perfect place for you.
It was organized 3 years ago to help startups or enterprises in the Philippines or Southeast Asia to find prospects for partnerships, funding, networks, or just increase your knowledge about entrepreneurship and technology.
“Geeks on a Beach offers startups and related software technology companies great venue opportunities to succeed. Why go elsewhere to find partners or funding on your own? They will be at GOAB where there is less hype and more action. So be there and find your own destiny,” enthused David Overton, Chief Geek of GOAB and CEO of Sym.PH.
3. Geeks on a Beach will help place homegrown startups on the limelight.
Since numerous tech champs and speakers will grace the event, Geeks On A Beach 2015 will be able to help startups get the right connections and opportunities.
With the advent of Asean integration, the timing couldn’t be more perfect!
4. Geeks on a Beach has paved way for 3 success stories already. The next story could be yours!
- Received seed funding from Kickstart Ventures when founders pitched their ideas over a shared taxi ride in Mactan island last year (GOAB 2014)
- Salarium CEO Judah Z. Hirsch met the guys of Seedstars World (SSW) at GOAB
- Salarium is a Philippine payroll service that won this year’s SSW world startup competition in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Salarium won $500,000 equity investment
- co-founded by John Dang and Chow Paredes
- They were able to develop partnerships with IMJ Fenox, 500 Startups, IdeaSpace, and Hatched Digital when they joined the first GOAB
How to join Geeks on a Beach 2015
Register now and grab an early bird discount.
Visit their website: www.geeksonabeach.com.
Join the Geeks On A Beach 2015 conversation.
For more information, follow their social media accounts.
Now on it’s third year, GOAB is proud to announce their partnership with AirAsia Philippines.
“AirAsia Philippines is excited to take part in an event renowned to be the International Summit for Tech, Startups and Design in the country. We are more than glad to share our own experience of building tech innovations that enhance the lives of ordinary people,” shared Joy Caneba, AirAsia Philippines CEO.
With regards to the success of GOAB, Tina Amper, TechTalks founder and GOAB lead organizer has 3 things in mind.
“Our success these past 2 years has pushed GOAB to return to Boracay Island this August 20 – 21 with a triple splash – triple the number of innovative minds, triple funding opportunities, and triple doses of fun,” Amper enthused.
Aside from AirAsia Philippines, Smart has also cemented their partnership for the 3rd time.
“This year marks a transition if the Philippine ECOSYSTEM – from potentials to success stories. The 3rd Geeks on a Beach will be as exciting as ever as we go back to Boracay – a convergence of the best minds in the country with the best beach in the world,” shared Earl Martin S. Valencia, vice president for Smart corporate innovation and strategy and president of IdeaSpace.
“Developers want to meet startups. Startups want to meet developers. Geeks on a Beach is one of the few events that cater to both,” added Paul Amerigo Pajo, Smart Developer Network senior manager and developer evangelist.
“SMART and IdeaSpace have been with us from the very beginning. And now we also have AirAsia with us. We are very happy to have more and more businesses, seasoned entrepreneurs, and even people from government backing GOAB,” Amper concluded.
Geeks On A Beach 2015 is made possible with the help of:
- Happy Garaje
- Amazon Web Services
- Monk’s Hill Ventures
- Smart Communications
- Smart Developer Network
So, when are you going to change the world?
Let Geeks on a Beach 2015 be your stepping stone to a bright future!